Maramu Steering

David Baddiley

Hi,

I have a Maramu hull 91 and need information on the steering system.

The shaft that the steering wheel connects to has twisted at the pinion gear. I assume during her lifetime someone has backed her into a bank, I don't thing you could twist the shaft by hand.

I cant find any branding. Does anyone know where i can purchase a new shaft? The square rack gear is made of a bronze material and appears to be fine.

I'm a marine engineer with a machine shop but i cant cut the gear on the shaft. I just thought if parts are available it might be an easier option.

Thanks

David

Maramu "Popeye" #91