Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go

Courtney Gorman

thanks all!  Bill it is an older Iridium so as Heinz suggested I will need an adapter.

-----Original Message-----
From: greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Nov 14, 2017 11:37 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go

Courtney,

If the existing sat phone is an Iridium phone, the antenna is most likely compatible, although there might be a cable adapter needed.

If the existing antenna is from some other satphone system operating in other frequency bands, I do not have any knowledge of the chances of it working.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
On the hard at LMC,
Fort Lauderdale, FL

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Hi all I am looking at the Iridium Go and was wondering if those using it ordered the antenna also.  I am on a 54 and there is an existing sat phone with exterior antenna could that work instead?
Cheers
Cou rtney