Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu Steering

christian alby <calbyy@...>

hi there David

I attach a file of the original workshop drawings by Amel showing the rudder & helm arrangements with dimensions & grades of shaft (Round bar 316L);
please confirm if you can extract, otherwise I will post on the Amel pictures Library (might be there already).
unfortunatly for you all in french, guess you can find someone to translate for yo the notes you are interested in

christian alby - Désirade VIII - maramu 116 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Le ‎mardi‎ ‎14‎ ‎novembre‎ ‎2017‎ ‎09‎:‎48‎:‎34‎ ‎CET, lexmarine.asia@... [amelyachtowners] a écrit :

Hi,

I have a Maramu hull 91 and need information on the steering system.

The shaft that the steering wheel connects to has twisted at the pinion gear. I assume during her lifetime someone has backed her into a bank, I don't thing you could twist the shaft by hand.

I cant find any branding. Does anyone know where i can purchase a new shaft? The square rack gear is made of a bronze material and appears to be fine.

I'm a marine engineer with a machine shop but i cant cut the gear on the shaft. I just thought if parts are available it might be an easier option.

Thanks

David

Maramu "Popeye" #91