New engine options for a Sharki, #97, 1984

CAMERON BURNESS

My son and I would like to check the experience of the Forum of an engine change in a Sharki.
As mentioned previously my son has recently bought a Sharki and we are currently in Gibraltar working on it.
The old Perkins engine is very tired and the results of the compression test were not good.
My son has decided to run it until it gives out, this maybe soon or it could last a some time.

I would like to ask what engine the Forum would recommend for a Sharki. What are the benefits of the chosen engine and what should we look
out for when the change needs to be made.
Any other experience on an engine change in a Sharki would be gratefully received.

Craig & Cameron
Daal II - #97 1984
currently in Gibraltar