Re: Hurth Gearbox heat exchanger coupling

rossirossix4

Exactly, when you clamp the new rubber reducers on, it is important to be careful not to tighten them too much.  I'm sure you know this but I thought I would get it in the posting for anyone referencing this in the future.

Related, the exchanger is one of the first things downstream from the strainer to check for obstructions.  When the rubber is removed and replaced for inspection it is important not to overtighten.  The exchangers only cost about $160 or so, but the leakage of saltwater into the transmission can be much more costly.

Bob