Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go

Courtney Gorman

thanks Porter!

-----Original Message-----
From: Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Wed, Nov 15, 2017 7:49 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go

Re the antenna.
I have exactly your setup.
Installed, older iridium phone, and New iridium go with adaptor.  My findings:
Iridium Go at the Nav station with native antenna: 3/10 in connectivity
Iridium Go at the nav station hooked to phone antenna with adaptor: 5/10
Iridium go with native antenna outside: 8-9/10 in connectivity.

The ratings are my subjective opinions based on now a good bit of use.

Take home message: the older sat phone antenna is convenient, but not as effective as I’d like and often frustrating.  I’ll probably buy the dedicated Go antenna.

I’d love to know if this mirrors your findings as I know of no way to actually test the older antenna to see if it’s “good”

Best of Luck!

Porter
S/V IBIS. 54-152 Fort Lauderdale.

On Nov 14, 2017, at 11:42 AM, Courtney Gorman Itsfun1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

thanks all!  Bill it is an older Iridium so as Heinz suggested I will need an adapter.