Re: Yanmar 100HP Fuel Pump maintenance-free?

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

Hello Bill and Craig,

Yes, the question is about the fuel injection pump.  On the Yanmar, it is a ZEXEL NP - VE - 4 / 12 F 1900 R NP1995.

Craig, interesting that you had the pump rebuilt at 4,000 hrs... we are not there yet, and at our current average, will reach 4,000 hrs in about 2 years.  Just like you had the pump rebuilt at engine overhaul time, the Yanmar manual seems to implicate that the pump is to be overhauled at the same time as the engine itself...

... so along these lines... is 4,000 hrs perhaps the horizon for an engine overhaul on an Amel... ???

Yeah, kind of a philosophical question!

Best,

Peregrinus
SM2K N. 350 (2002)