Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Upwind advice please

Porter McRoberts

Love the explorer chart books. And very much agree with this wise advise.

This will be our 12th Stream crossing in the past 6 months. But tightest weather window.

Thank you very much!!!

Porter

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Nov 17, 2017, at 1:03 PM, rossidesigngroup@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My recollection (I think it is in the Explorer Chart Pack) is that you steer an S (not exacly) shaped course from the mainland.  First make East as much as you can, then you can ease off your angle as the stream carries you north hen East again when it subsides on the approach. So your plotter may show you heading too far north while you are solidly in the stream but it will improve again as it slows nearer your destination.  Making as much East as you can initially has my vote.  The Explorer Chart Pack is extremely helpful (essential) in cruising the Bahamas BTW.

Bob, KAIMI