Does my ONAN need a new 12V charger?

Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...>

When the generator runs, I see 13,6V on the starter battery. When I turn the ignition key of the engine in the cockpit the current goes down to 13,2V (maybe because of the ventilator in engine room / generator is still running). When I start the main engine the current goes to 14,4V.

After servicing the ONAN and replacing the starter battery a short while ago, everything worked find for a while, but this morning the ONAN only started AFTER I started the main engine. The starter battery showed 12, 4 V initially. It showed 13,2 after I run the genset for 2h and then 12,8 anoher 2h later. All observations come from the little display in the cockpit.

So what is the conclusion of you fellow Amelians from this observations?

Thanks, Alex
SY NO STRESS in Grenada
AMEL54 #15