Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Does my ONAN need a new 12V charger?
Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
I have a number of thoughts, but my primary thoughts require some questions:
- Where are you measuring the battery voltage?
- Was the new battery tested before you installed it?
- What brand, model, AmpHr and CCA is that starting battery and is it a normal wet cell battery?
- Without a load, that battery should have measured about 12.8 - 12.9 volts because a resting fully charged 12 volt battery is around 12.8-12.9 volts, and flat dead ones are at 12.0 volts, so 12.4 volts on a resting battery means it's about 50% charged. Can you account for a discharge while resting?
- Have you tested for a amp-drain on the starter battery?
Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.