Amel 54 Corrosion

Arno Luijten

Dear group,

We have recently taken up the quest to find an Amel 54 for our future cruising plans. We joined this group hoping some of you can help us with this daunting plan.

So last week we had a viewing on our first 54. We were slighty disappointent in the way the boat looked. Having relativly little engine hours we noticed quite a bit corrosion on many of her interior parts. For example the circulalion pump for the aircon that  pushes the water through the units was badly corroded. Water taps at the sinks looked pretty poor. Mirrors in the cabins were affected on the sides. Lots of metal parts in the interior looked dull and apparently affected by the saltness in the air.

Is this something one can expect from an Amel that lives in salt water with little usage or did we jus saw a poor example of a 54.

Thanks in advance,

Arno