Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Predict Wind

Andy Buxford

A few years ago the newspapers reported on a village near Dover who
were regularly finding themselves using the French cellular network
(and hence incurring roaming charges).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-21739029

Dover to Calais is where the English Channel is narrowest, about 22 miles.

Hence, if Floridian cellular transmission is as good as the French, I
would expect about that kind of range offshore. Perhaps 25?

I'm sure if you were to post to www.cruisersforum.com, though, you
would find Floridian sailors with practical experience.

Andy.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 7:10 PM, Chuck Lacey clacey9@gmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Any consensus on average cell tower range while sailing off the coast of
Florida. I'm going on a short trip North and was wondering if I could get a
Predictwind update en route. Not critical just wondering.