Re: Anchor chain channel liner

greatketch@...

Our boat (significantly earlier in production sequence) has the very front edge of the channel near the rollerprotected with stainless steel screwed into the fiberglass.  And another small piece nearer the windlass where the links would impact the channel.

We are replacing them with a single piece of stainless that covers the whole channel.

Bill Kinney
Sm160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL

---In amelyachtowners@..., <no_reply@...> wrote :

I own L'ORIENT, SM2K #422; as the anchor chain exits the boat, underneath the chain forward of the windlass is some kind of heavy duty paper liner intended to protect the gelcoat/fiberglass underneath in the channel. Mine has worn badly........replacing this would be straightforward if I only knew what it was. Kind of looks like a heavy duty non-skid paper of some kind. Thoughts ?