Re: Amel 54 Corrosion

svperegrinus@yahoo.com

It takes some care to keep a boat looking more or less OK.

Our mirrors were "affected on the sides" as you say, on our then-10 year-old '53 when we bought it in 2012 in Fort Lauderdale.  I am not sure if it got any worse in subsequent years, as those things that you see every day are hard to objectively measure.

In 2016, we replaced all of our mirrors in Barcelona, at not much cost.  It turns out that Amel mirrors are thicker than regular household mirrors.  I believe we followed on the footsteps of great advice from a friend.

21 months later, the mirrors still look brand-new.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K No. 350 (2002)
Under sail, Patara to Kas