Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: BOMBARD DINGHY

john martin <symoondog@...>

Peter, use 3M 5200 ,sand the rubber lightly apply the sealant, let sit for a week. If that doesn´nt work,Throw the thing away. I had my Zodiac professionally glued at a cost of $600.00 it lasted 1 year.
John SM 248 "Moon dog"

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.comFrom: annejohn@melita.net.mtDate: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:29:05 +0000Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: BOMBARD DINGHY

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "pjppappas" <pjppappas@...> wrote:>> Is the material used PVC or Hypalon. My wooden stern has completely > become un-glued from the patoons. Does anyone have a suggestion as to > what adhesive would be best to repair this? Thank You. Peter > Pappas "Callisto" sm2002 #369, Pt Vallarta, Mexico>Hello Peter, It will not be Hypalon as Zodiac does not use that material. I have had a lok on the web and the best I can come up with is " service@zodiac-service.gr" They actually advertise transom refixing on their site and if you tell them that yo are not close to Greece they will probably be happy to advise.I do recall that I once read a report from someone who had their outboard stolen in East Africa by someone who used a saw on the wooden transom! He repaired it with a piece of wood glued in place with Secomastic adhesive which he also used to repair the fabric.Good luck, Anne and John, Bali Hai Sm 319