Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Alarm Sound

John Clark

Hi Dean,  noisy is not good.  My mainsail furling drive sounded bad (looked bad too, was on survey replacement list) at purchase and failed on sail back to US.  Bearings had been dry and ground to dust.

John
SV Annie. SM 37
Key Largo, Florida.

On Nov 24, 2017 10:20 AM, "trifin@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Courtney, I agree it indicates an over-temperature condition. Not sure why, as the ambient has not been very high. I suspect a glitch, possibly to do with lightning - there has been some activity in recent weeks.

The (staysail) furler MEJ 1.02 still operates, although very noisy. I regreased the box but it did not change anything, so I'm living with 'noisy' for the moment. Maybe I can pick up a second hand one somewhere!

Thanks all.
Dean
SY Stella
Amel 54 #154