Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow locker and hawse pipe deterioration

James Alton

Bill,

   What thickness plywood was use for the floor of your SM?  The floor panel in my Maramu feels like it must be fairly thick given how solid it feels, so just curious.  A plywood panel glassed on both sides is sure nice and stiff for the weight.  With some care it is certainly possible to keep the water out of the plywood for a very long time.

Best of luck with your project.

James

SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Nov 24, 2017, at 8:17 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

On my boat the original plywood was glassed on top, and naked below.

My replacement will be plywood glassed on all sides.

The original lasted 20 years, if the replacement lasts at least that long it will not be my problem!

Interestingly, there were three Amel SM in the yard here in the last month.  Bow locker reflooring was on the agenda for all of us...

Bill Kinney
Sm160,  Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL