Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow light wiring gotcha

eric freedman

I have replaced the cable once on Kimberlite years ago using the USA flat wire. If you are able buy the round European wire it would be easier . I have to replace the wire again. I guess it has a 7 year life span.

This time, I think I will heat shrink the connections where the wire joins the light.

The problem seems to be water entering the cable and wicking down the wire.

Last time, I found that the stainless plate where the cable exits the stanchion in the port bow locker  was rusted inside the fiberglass and had expanded the glass.

I cut out the steel and this time mounted it outside the glass where it was in contact with air. This time it  looks great. I am fortunately in Martinique and bought the round wire, and some to spare,

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376