Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Depth of life raft locker

Hi Mark,

Welcome aboard.

As a suggestion only… I modified the port rail to accept a Hard cased life raft.  Took the design from the Amel 54. This decision came after I tried to lift out the LR from its storage; I guarantee you cannot lift it out .. well perhaps Schwartzie could do it.

You have to rig a halyard to the main boom and you winch… a whole lot of faffing about as your boat disappears from under your feet.

In my case, I simply release the LR from its holder.

Just a thought.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM007
Panama.

On 26 Nov 2017, at 10:45, isaac_02906@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I am fairly new to the forum and very new to Amel ownership having just purchased SM #391 in FLL.  I don't have access to the boat just yet, but would like to know the depth of the port side locker so I can begin looking into a life raft replacement that will fit in that locker.

Thanks to all for this great resource!

Mark Isaac
SM #391
Ft. Lauderdale