Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck Flood Lights

Eric Freedman

Mark,

If you are talking about the foredeck light half way up the mast. I bought one last year at Budget Marine in St Maarten. It is a stock item.

24 volts just means you have to change the lamps from 12 to 24 volts.

Easy install with ¼ inch pop rivets.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 8:01 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck Flood Lights

I believe that Barry's email is referring to a light fixture not merely a bulb.  In my case, the fixture had lost the retaining ring/cap and was otherwise in poor shape.  I could not find a replacement fixture for a 24 volt Aqua-Signal incandescent fixture anywhere online in Europe. I am not sure that one can find them in the US.  Only the 12 volt versions of the incandescent fixture seem to be available.  So if you want to stay with Aqua-Signal ("stay close to the original" as Barry said) and require 24 volts, as we do, then the pricey Aqua-Signal Series 43 LED combi light seems to be the only way to go. It's a "drop in" replacement.

Mark

Sabbatical III, SM#419, Spain

On 11/27/2017 7:06 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

OMG – You paid $610 for a light bulb?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – St Lucia, the crime island

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 4:51 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck Flood Lights

Hi Barry & Robyn,

I recently installed the Aqua Signal Series 43 LED Masthead / Foredeck Combi-Light.  Fits exactly where the original incandescent Aqua-Signal light was.  Runs at 12 and 24 volts.  You can buy it everywhere.  I got mine at svb24.com in Germany but defender has it for $610 in the US.

Best regards,

Mark Pitt

Sabbatical III, SM#419,  currently in Spain

On 11/27/2017 3:35 PM, seagasm@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Good morning crew, I would like to replace the Main Mast Deck Flood Light, preferably an LED. Has anyone got a contact where to obtain these and in 24Volt. There is such an array of options available, it's exhausting and I would like to stick with something close to the original.

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.