Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Depth of life raft locker

James Cromie

Do any of you own a viking raft?  The off-shore version weighs in at 80 lbs.  Though I could lift this out, I doubt my wife could do that if I were incapacitated… However, it appears to be the only self-righting raft out there .

James

On Nov 27, 2017, at 2:00 AM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Congratulations Mark on your new Amel.  I can't tell you the depth of the locker as I am not on the boat, but it is close to 4 feet.  I just bought a 6-man Switlik that weighs about 60 lbs and is a considerably smaller package than my old Datrex raft.  I'm 70 years old now and don't think I'd have any problem yanking it out with adrenaline pumping.  It is very close to the extra mizzen halyard if necessary.
I don't like having large equipment hanging outside the lifelines.
Kent
SN243
Kristy