Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Quantity and Type of Primary Rode

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Mark,

on our primary anchor we have 100 meters of 10 mm chain plus spliced to it a further 100 meters of nylon anchor rode, I think 25mm. To achieve a splice that goes through the entry to the hause pipe I had to splice into two chain links. In deeper water or strong winds it is not unusual to utilise all the chain and some nylon. Our second anchor (stowed in the port forward deck locker) we have 50 meters of 10 mm chain and 80 meters of nylon anchor rode. In addition we have a significant length of 20 mm nylon rode attached to our sea anchor which can be utilised.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 29 November 20Hi17 at 10:01 "isaac_02906@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello All,

I believe I have a solid idea of the chain vs rope, BBB vs G40 and a lot vs a little compromises associated with anchor rode.  I would like to know what you actually carry and if you wished you carried something different or are happy with your choice.  I know we will be cruising the Bahamas and Caribbean, but beyond those areas is possible and I would like to be prepared for beyond....so basically, what would you carry for world cruising on an Amel SM?

Mark Isaac

SM #391

Ft. Lauderdale