Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Solar Panel Location

thomas.kleman <no_reply@...>

Hey Danny- we are just about to fit 210 w solar panels on our rails port and starboard using your 1/3 in 2/3 out approach with a similar hardware configuration. Just wondering how big your panels are that require no additional bracing ? We are designing and purchasing things away from the boat (not optimal, but necessary).

Also, we're looking at several wiring diagrams and have seen a lot of different setups (i.e. fusing both before and after the MPPT controller, on-off toggle for power, ammeter location, etc. Anything you learned from wiring this would be appreciated.

Tom and Kirstin
L'ORIENT
SM2K # 422