Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Solar Panel Location

Mark Erdos

We purchased the arch based on a recommendation from Pat (SM Shenanigans). We love it. The specs can be found on AtlanticArch web site. They have pictures of Pat’s Amel featured there. We purchased their heavy duty model with davits and solar mount kit.

We installed 2  LG315 panels https://www.emarineinc.com/LG-315W-Solar-Panel-Fixed-Frame

We also installed the davits. However, we do NOT use the davits for bluewater sailing. We stow the dink on the aft cabin coachtop when offshore. We will sail with the dink on the davits only when in protected waters or for lifting it at night. The arch easily supports the Highfield310 with 15hp motor. About 200 lbs.

We installed a padeye on the transom and added cables to prevent side to side sway of the arch. I put pelican hooks on the cables so we can quickly unfasten when not using the dink on the arch. You will need some type of sway protection.

If you are in Greece consider a trip to Turkey and have Emek install one of Riza’s arches.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – St. Lucia, the crime island

www.creampuff.us