Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Diaphragm Bilge Pump failure.

James Alton

Duane,

   No, my boat still has the original Amel installed diaphragm pump.  The T series pumps that I have had experience with were used for black water tank pump out.  So far none of my customers has managed to clog or kill one of these pumps.  The pump is supposed to move 300 GPM so I think it might be a little small for a primary bilge pump.  I suspect that this pump could be quite reliable as a bilge pump but do not have any experience to support that.  One concern would be whether the rubber used in the pump can handle oil that might be in the bilge,  perhaps someone knows?

James
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Nov 30, 2017, at 3:54 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

James,

I'm just curious...is this your bilge pump?

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477