Amel 54 dishwasher failure (and solution)

Sv Garulfo

Of potential interest to 54-ians with a Dometic dishwasher.

We had an issue with it, leaking heavily and showing error code 10 (issue with the water intake, as per the manual).

The problem was that the conduit to some sort of "there is enough water in the dishwasher" captor was very dirty, preventing it from stopping the inflow until the no-intake water error was reported. Unfortunately that means the overflow too.

The solution was simply to clean that conduit, after removing the plastic ring that covers it at the bottom of the inside of the dishwasher (3 screws) underneath the metal filter. No need to remove the dishwasher from its location to do that, although we did to track to issue down, and it's fairly straightforward.

Hope that will help

Thomas & Soraya
Garulfo
Amel 54 #122