Re: Battery Charger Options

greatketch@...

Alan,

We are (relatively) new owners of a Victron MultiPlus 24/3000/70 charger/inverter.  After 4 months, I obviously can't speak to long term reliability, but the performance and feature set are exceptional.  It is much more sophisticated than the Xantrax unit it replaced and much more precise at voltage control while charging.

One of the reasons we chose this unit was that we can use the optional USC interface and connect a computer to fully program each of the parameters. This lets us match the performance of both the inverter and the charger to our battery system and have it manage the AC system exactly as we want.

For a stand-alone charger, I think you'll be happy with the Centaur.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL