Manual mainsail furler

Patrick McAneny

A couple of months ago , I could not unfurl the main . I dropped the motor and could not unfurl it manually. I move the winch handle back and forth and after a couple of minutes I succeeded  to get the furler to move. I have noticed for years oil or grease oozing from where the winch handle is placed. Can that unit be accessed to clean and grease the gears? Is there a seal to be replaced to prevent the oil/grease from escaping ? I did put a grease fitting in it years ago , but have not added grease  for a few years.

Thanks,

Pat SM#123