[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Transmission Oil Cooler and white puffy smoke or steam -

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Thanks Eric,

I bought one some time ago on your recommendation. I just have not
installed it because it operates on 12 volts. However, so does the
engine. I will install it tomorrow.

Any hints on the installation?

Regards,

Bill
s/v BeBe SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, kimberlite@... wrote:

You might also think of adding a high temperature alarm to the water
exhaust hose of th engine.
it goes off at 150 degrees at a temperature low enough to save the
hose and the muffler. you can see
what happens if you do not have one . there is a picture of my
melted muffler in the photo section.
the alarm costs about $90- from Borel manufacturing in the USA. it
is a one hour install.
My muffler melted along with hose damage and the engine high temp
alarm never went off.
Fair winds,
eric sm 376 Kimberlite