Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster Travel Adjustment

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Paul,

It is correctly adjusted if you have to pull the wire to raise it about 10mm.

About 11 years ago I discussed the adjustment of the wire with the Amel Service Manager in the Caribbean...he said, "don't touch it."

All,

Remember that there are about 3 or 4 versions of the Amel Bow Thruster on the SN and SM. Advice from one owner pertaining to one version may screw up another version. Be careful.

Yesterday I was helping a SM owner and client of mine with a SM in the high 200s. The Thruster propeller shaft had a small dent where the seal meets the shaft. We were using the new spec 29mm seal. It leaked at the dent. We had a machine shop make a stainless steel sleeve for a 30mm shaft and seal it to the damaged shaft. $140USD for the custom sleeve and fitting it to the shaft including pick up and delivery on the same day.

Sometimes you have to improvise 😊

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Dec 6, 2017 19:32, "pstas2003" <no_reply@...> wrote:

Tom,

Thank you for your response.

I have been using the cable grab method to insert the pin, but what is the procedure to adjust the lift mechanism?

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
Cruising St. Lucia