Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique. Boat on island about January 18

Mark Erdos

Kent,

I think it is great you want to help. We get mixed information regarding the affected islands. Some boaters are going to give aid. Most are staying away. What is really needed are skills such as doctors, nurses, engineers and builders etc. Some sources ask cruises to stay away as it puts added pressure on already scarce resources (water, fuel, food, etc.) Other sources say to visit because they need tourism to start back up. So, it is a real mixed hodgepodge of info. If you search FaceBook for the islands you plan to visit, you can determine what to take regarding supplies. For example, Dominica put out a call for tarps. However, that was about a month ago so I would assume they have got some by now.

If you do decide to visit some of the badly affected islands, we suggest you stay self sufficient while visiting and provision well ahead of time.

Hope to meet you in Martinique.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us