Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique. Boat on island about January 18

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Kent,

we took a boat load of stuff to Fiji after a cyclone devastated the islands. The most popular items were hammers and hand saws. A lot of the villagers didnt have these and you cant rebuild without them. Nails too. We took a front cabin full of clothing in big trash bags sorted into a range in each bag. Likewise well received.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 08 December 2017 at 16:50 "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi cousins,
Iris and I are heading S from Jacksonville FL in a couple of weeks.  We are hoping to get involved in the hurricane relief effort somewhere.  We could bring supplies or equipment, help in a medical clinic, hammer nails, or just about anything else that's needed.  I just discovered a website that is attempting to coordinate efforts by sailors called www.sailorshelping.com .

Does anyone know of specific needs or contacts in the islands that might be able to focus our efforts more precisely?

Is anyone else going to do any relief volunteering?

We'll make an effort to be in Martinique in mid-Jan for the apparent Amel Rendezvous.

Thanks,
Kent
SM243
Kristy