Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique.

Leopold Hauer

Hi,

We are going to be in Le Marin too, for a month from about jan 6th., and 
are having a problem with the genua furler gear box.
Would be great to know if Amel has spare parts for it there? Any idea about that?

Hello from
Leo
Yin Yang
SM 69

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 05.12.2017 um 15:43 schrieb Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Eric,

I will be happy see you and meet you in person, but I am not sure if I will stay in Martinique that long. We plan to be in Bequia by January 18. There is a music festival in Bequia at that time.

Vladimir 
SM 345 "LIFE IS GOOD"

On Dec 4, 2017 20:10, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Vladimir,

I will be on the dock January 18.

Please drop by and say hi.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 6:55 PM

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique.

I plan to be in Martinique on a dock January 7 for a week or more.

I will be very happy to meet other Amel owners.

SM 345 "LIFE is Good"

Vladimir

On Dec 4, 2017 17:34, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Mark,

I usually start my letter stating that I am sorry that I do not speak French and then write in English. The marina  usually responds in English.

The bracket that supports the Genoa furler was straightened by the rigger Gaetan when they changed my rigging. The riggers there are amazing and have everything needed for an Amel. Their head Amel rigger has been doing Amels for 25 years. Good time to have them check and tune your rigging.

I also had my Genoa furler rebuilt by Amel. Fortunately since I had added grease ports, the  bronze gear and worm gear were in very good condition. They only replaced the wire, 9 bearings and 4 seals. They said it would be good for another 15 years if I kept adding grease.

Have you removed the shaft that connects the outhaul motor to the outhaul winch on the main boom? If it doesn’t come out , I would suggest that you have the rigger remove it . Twice a year I remove mine and cover it with anti-seize grease. I also removed a few thousands of an inch from the key in the shaft.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 4:10 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique.

Eric,

We will be here for at least 2 months, maybe three. We do need some stuff done by Amel. We need to have the wood replaced in our forward lockers (over the anchor well). I could do it myself but hate hate hate to sand fiberglass on a hot day. For me, this is money well spent. And the do-hicky under our furling headsail unit is bent (the thing fastening the big bracket attaches to). This needs to be replaced by a rigger.

Thanks for the offer to mule stuff for us. We are in good shape right now since Paul and Anna-Marie on Rita Kathryn carried a duffle bag of goodies to St. Lucia. However, If we need something, we’ll be sure to let you know.

We’ll still be here when you get back so let’s get together – finally!

Are you sure the electric is included???? We received a separate quote for it when we made the reservation. However, it was all in French so it could have been lost in Google Translate. I thought it was included for monthly rates but not weekly or daily. But, now I’m not sure.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 4:42 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Martinique.

Hi Mark,

How long will you be at the dock? I will return January 18.

It is a bargain compared to St. Maarten prices and the electric is included.

Kimberlite is also there however I am in NY at the moment.

What model and hull number do you have?

Will you be having work done by Amel while you are there?

My friend Jeff Krause will be arriving about December 10 in his 54  named Spirit.

Please say hi for me. Also Miles Bidwell on Lady Bug a 53 is there now. Also please say hi for me.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Diaphragm Bilge Pump failure.

Hi Eric,

Right now we are anchored off Saint Anne’s. We well be moving into the marina Wednesday. Not sure what our slip assignment is yet.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

?

Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 3:30 PM

Hi Mark,

How long will you be in Martinique?

Are you in the marina with the other Amels?

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 1:03 PM

If you make it to the windward Islands I would be interested in taking the old pump of your hands for the parts you mention. We don’t plan on going much further north than Guadeloupe this season.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – Martinique

www.creampuff.us

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of thomas.kleman
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2017 1:57 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Diaphragm Bilge Pump failure.

Hello all- I own Super Maramu #422, L'ORIENT. I replaced my original bilge pump at sea a few months ago as it started leaking from the seal with the diaphragm. Later, I took it apart and noted (among other things) that the all-important plastic gear is intact; the motor and pivot arm appear fine as well.......which I believe is important for folks who elect to rebuild and keep theirs.

I'm keeping my replacement bilge pump in service and would entertain interesting barter offers of spare parts for my leaking but still largely operational bilge pump. Payment in a reasonable Sancerre is also acceptable.

I'll be back on my boat in Antigua end of December and will be stationary for at least a few weeks doing bottom job/prop seal/bow thruster service. Lorient422"at"gmail"dot"com.

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.