Re: Companionway Removal, another method.

Duane Siegfri

Craig,

Peg and I like the idea of plexiglass for the light down below, we saw you post on this before.  I'm waiting for a time when I've got sufficient incentive and time to take care of this.

What have you done about the scratching that happens with the weather stripping?  I guess one could use some fine sandpaper and abrade the surface so it isn't entirely transparent and that would nullify the scratches caused by the weather stripping.

We need the weather stripping because there is no drain for the companionway housing and we have had water collect there when there is driving rain from the stern.

Duane