Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Batteries

Marcel Krauth <marcel.krauth@...>

On 12/12/2017 14:56, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

All,

There are Dolphin chargers, and there are Dolphin chargers, some have variable charge parameters, some don't.

Dolphin added adjustable charge parameters about 2003-2004 without changing model numbers. Danny's SM is older than the change date, but his Dolphin chargers are newer than the change date.

Be careful while comparing older and newer Dolphin chargers. In my experience, even Reya is confused about this.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Dec 11, 2017 19:05, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

This sounds an awful lot like a standard equalization charge recommended by all flooded cell battery makers, and that most chargers can do. Does Dolphin do something special beyond that?

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hi Bill,
Nice to find you on this blog, you remember the time we met at the Yacht Hotel in Fetihye
where are you based now
Marcel