Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Companionway Removal, another method.

Dimitris Krasopoulos

For your information all the photos and instructions for the companion way repair are in the Facebook group page.
One more time I want to thank Eric on Kimberlite for his assistance and ideas

Best Regards

Dimitris Krasopoulos
Mob:+306944302318

2017-12-12 21:30 GMT+02:00 Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Eric,

Please email it to me as well. 
Sonsev52 at gmail com

Vladimir 
SM "LIFE is Good"

On Dec 11, 2017 16:54, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ryan,

What is your email address?

Fair Winds

Eric

From: amelyachtowners@...m [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 3:31 PM

To: amelyachtowners@...m
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Companionway Removal, another method.

Duane, I will try to remember to digitize and upload the paper companionway plans I have from Amel.

Eric, I'd love to learn your technique for removing the companionway slide.  I'm sure I'm not the only one -- perhaps you could upload/send it to the list?

Thanks,

Ryan

SM 233 Iteration

Boston, MA, USA

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 3:21 PM, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Bill,

I am adding a piece of brown nylon above where the cross bar should stop.

That will align it every time.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: amelyachtowners@...m [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 12:19 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...m
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Companionway Removal, another method.

You can access the weather stripping easily without fully removing the slide, just lift the slide up.  

There is a stop on the bottom, aft side of the slide that is easily removable, and once off,  the slide can rise--until it hits the dodger. More than high enough to easily access the weather stripping.

Just a random thought:  It would be nice if that stop was positioned to actually stop the slide at the correct point to lock in place with the cross bar.  Sigh... I think I just assigned myself another project.

Bill Kinney

SM160, Harmonie

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.