Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] First Impressions: Firefly Batteries.

greatketch@...

My primary battery charger is a Victron Inverter/Charger MultiPlus 24/3000/70  Just about every parameter on this is adjustable through a USB connection to a PC. It's a very impressive piece of kit with a great feature set.

I have the 20 year old Techpro charger that is used to boost the charge current up to 100 amps.  It is fine during bulk and absorption charge, but it's float voltage is too high to use continuously when plugged in to shore power.

My solar controller is a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/50  This is also fully adjustable, but through a bluetooth connection to PC, tablet, or phone.

The 24 volt alternator on my propulsion engine is a wimpy 50 amp, internally regulated at 27.3 volts.  I have a switch in the field wire so I can shut it off on the odd chance we motor so long that it fills the batteries.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Almost ready to get out sailing again!

---In amelyachtowners@..., <alexramseyer@...> wrote :

Bill, which charge voltage controle system / unit do you use in your boat?
Regards, Alex
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54#15