Re: Anchor Chain Size on Super Maramu 2000

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

Gary & Ian,

My gypsy accomodates 3/8" and/or 10mm. 10mm is 0.39". 3/8" is 0.38"

The gypsy was either designed to take either 10mm or 3/8 or the
difference is so small that it makes no difference...I am going with
the latter.

Best,

Bill Rouse
s/v BeBe SM2 #387

In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Shepherd"
<sv_freespirit@...> wrote:

Hi Gary,

My boat came with 10mm calibrated chain. It may be possible that
boats
supplied for the US market might have an imperial size of chain. I
know that
when I was on the East Coast I did experience difficulty in getting
10mm, so
I bought a new gypsy and used the US equivalent (3/8th"??). I am
not sure
about this but if you take the gypsy off the windlass you might
find a size
marking on the inside face perhaps?

Cheers

Ian Shepherd - Crusader