Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Santorin Propeller Question

James Alton

Lisa,

   It might be wise to begin the process of locating a replacement transmission.  It sounds like you have probably found your problem.  I was able to continue to use my boat with the transmission slippage problem for several weeks by keeping the power low enough that the transmission would stop slipping.  If allowed to slip the transmission probably won’t last much longer.

Best of luck,

James
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Dec 17, 2017, at 12:15 PM, lisallt2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Update: changed the gearbox oil as a precaution even though it was just changed 1 month ago in Le Marin. Less than a liter drained out. Also, it had a strange, coppery look to it. Ran engine oil through a couple of times and topped it up. Will need to test against wind and waves but hoping this resolves the issue.

Lisa Tharpe
S/V Azimuth
Amel Santorin #143