Hurth Transmissions freewheeling folding prop

Mike Ondra

Who’d of thought there was so much to know about transmissions and their lubrication! Foley website full of interesting information. On a related topic.

Dr. Diesel Tip #101 at Foley says DO NOT put Hurth trans into forward to stop freewheeling, only reverse.

We have always put the trans in forward to stop the freewheeling and fold the Autoprop when under sail. Given Amels have a “C” drive, does Dr. Diesels Tip apply? Have to pose the question just in case there are opinions among our ranks.

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

Falmouth Harbor, Antigua