Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Santorin Propeller Question

James Alton

All,

I got a quick response from Foley with regards to stainless the trans cooler and a question about the approximate life expectancy for my Hurth 250 transmission.  It appears that my trans might be original so apparently now has over 4,000 hours on it.

James,

1) ALU vs Stainless.  We just couldn't maintain the price point we needed to sell them.  We could build Mercedes-like coolers but if a Honda does the job.....

2) a Hurth 250 bolted to a 4154 is a good application.  They have been used on larger more powerful engines such as the Perkins 4236 with good longevity.

Good maintenance will of course prolong its life.

Best,

Sincerely,

Dr. Diesel

James
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Dec 17, 2017, at 8:53 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

For what it is worth... I'd go with what Foley says... They know their stuff...

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL