Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rudder zinc problem

Dave_Benjamin

Richard,

Thanks for the advice and tips. We are pretty excited
to be getting the Amel. I'm glad we can just retap
larger.

Cheers,
Dave and Jean

--- Richard Piller <richard03801@yahoo.com> wrote:

David, when you re-tap the threads keep the apes
away one and two you will have to drill the zinks
oversize to fit the new bolts. That most likely
will mean:
1- get an inch tap that is larger then what you
have. We used 1/2" course pitch as fine threads
will most likely not hold on our old boat.
2- When drilling the new zinks we used a 9/16s
drill with a 3/8 shank to fit your drill motor.
3- MOUNT THE ZINK SO IT CAN SPIN!!!!!! WHEN
DRILLING STAND ON IT WITH SHOES ON!!

Good luck
Richard SM 209

WILLIAM KLEIN <sidecar1@verizon.net> wrote:
Retap it to the next size and drill out
the hole in your zinc. BK - SV "Popeye" Maramu 91 (
which is for sale! )