Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re-rigging and mast step
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Thursday, December 21, 2017, 9:43 AM

I can second the comments here regarding Caribe
Greement (the Amel rigger in Martinique). Philipe (owner)
and Gaetan were great. We replaced all the standing rigging
and added a staysail per Amel's specs including the
backstay rigging. The work was done very
professionally......and the total was about $10,000 for the
rigging and another $6,000 for the staysail rig
installation. We bought the actual staysail from North Sails
in Martinique for around $2,000. Philipe and Gaetan seem to
do quite a bit of work on Amels and they both love these
boats (they also stock everything you would
need)......Philipe told me he never sees an Amel come in
with an actual rig failure as the components are of super
high quality out of the factory. He's 53 and still
climbs masts every day, so I guess he'd
know.
Tom
KlemanSV L'ORIENTSM2K #422