Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hurth Transmissions freewheeling folding prop

John Clark

Ian,
  Some early SMs also have the shaft alternator.  I have used it extensively for the last year.  The previous owner sailed around the world with trans in neutral to make use of the alternator.  So far with 4500 hrs on engine and trans we are running fine.
Also have fixed blade prop. Hurth Z25 trans and TAMD22.

John

SV Annie. SM37
St. Augustine.

On Dec 18, 2017 7:41 PM, "Ian parkianj@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

There are some Maramus and Santorins out there that benefit greatly from the prop shaft alternator. The only time I engage reverse with the engine off is to ensure the prop shaft alternator is off prior to startup of the engine. I only engage forward when the engine is on and I want to go forward.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN6