Maramu steering cable lubrication/service

smiles bernard

Hello fellow Maramu owners

We bought our 1985 maramu in the summer of 2017 in the canaries. Sailed her for 2 weeks in the sun then went back to a colder UK and work /school etc
We are back aboard again now for Christmas and making plans for a N Atlantic trip next year.
The boat has been afloat without us in canaries since and I get the feeling the steering is stiffer. It could be the rudder hardware has fouled a little? but I’m also wondering about how to service and lubricate the steering cables

Many thanks in advance for any experience you are able to share

Fair winds

Miles