Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hurth Transmissions freewheeling folding prop

smiles bernard

Hello
I have yet to test out my maramu prop shaft alternator. I’m hoping to this week though.
Am I right in assuming I put the gear into neutral to allow the prop to freewheel then switch on the alternator charging ?
Simple as that?
To stop just engage the gear to stop the prop from turning then turn off the alternator?
Many thanks in advance
Miles

On 21 Dec 2017, at 17:08, Ian parkianj@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

John
I didn’t know it was continued into the earlier SMs. I am quite happy with a bit of drag to get all the amps back in the batteries under sail..
I have about the same engine hours as you.

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96
Marigot Bay