Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow Thruster stuck

edmund_steele

David and Craig,

Thank you so much for your prompt responses. I would love to go with Craig's treatment but unfortunately I can see through the bolt holes with a flashlight and observe that the plastic tube already turns slightly in the motor housing under just hand pressure. It seems that I have the David version of the problem, that is the fusing of the inner metal drive shaft to the motor shaft. I will probably need to attempt the lower gearbox disassembly as David details. Thanks again both of you and wish me luck.

Fair Winds,

Ed