Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re-rigging and mast step

Willem Kroes

Hi Tom,

On my SM2k, I bought early spring, there is also a staysail rigging installed. Mr. Olivier Beaute criticized the engineering when he surveyed the boat and this was redone properly this summer.

But I am confused about the correct sheeting of the staysail. Where to attach the sheeting blocks on deck? I have seen the arrangement on a 54, but the stays of that boat are totally different positioned

Did you have already some experience with this? May be some pictures?

Kind regards,

Willem Kroes

SM2k #351 “Kavanga” now on dry standing in Combarro, Spain

Van: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...] Namens thomas.kleman
Verzonden: donderdag 21 december 2017 16:44
Aan: amelyachtowners@...
Onderwerp: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re-rigging and mast step

I can second the comments here regarding Caribe Greement (the Amel rigger in Martinique). Philipe (owner) and Gaetan were great. We replaced all the standing rigging and added a staysail per Amel's specs including the backstay rigging. The work was done very professionally......and the total was about $10,000 for the rigging and another $6,000 for the staysail rig installation. We bought the actual staysail from North Sails in Martinique for around $2,000. Philipe and Gaetan seem to do quite a bit of work on Amels and they both love these boats (they also stock everything you would need)......Philipe told me he never sees an Amel come in with an actual rig failure as the components are of super high quality out of the factory. He's 53 and still climbs masts every day, so I guess he'd know.

Tom Kleman

SV L'ORIENT

SM2K #422

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.