From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:29 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bilge maintenance

We never add anything to the fresh water tanks, except RO water.  We avoid running the RO system in harbors, and any place we even suspect might be polluted. We routinely keep the tank as near to full as we can.  The only exception has been when we are in a boatyard for longer than a tank of water lasts, we eventually have to break down and put tap water in.

If I was anyplace I worried about any kind of pathogen in the source water, I'd break my own "rules" and would chlorinate the tank just to be safe.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Key West, FL

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

Bill, Since you don't use bleach , what if anything do you put in your water tank to reduce bacteria growth .
Happy Holidays,
Pat SM #123