Re: Predict Wind

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Finished up our trip to Brunswick and used predictwind along the way. I can verify that 12-15 miles out I got a signal with ATT. Using predictwind for updates was fun. The European model ECMF won the prediction although I need to sail better or adjust my polars as we got in behind the prediction time. They did call for some northerly wind but under predicted speed and wave height. Of course it turned a tad uncomfortable at night, all through the night. Overall a pleasant trip and our first overnight sail with just the two of us.
Happy New Year to All!

Chuck & Kim
SM2K #388 Joy